Sat, Aug 24, 2019

Temporary Work Visas - H2

H-2 Visas are for temporary workers performing “agricultural labor or services of a temporary nature,” and temporary workers performing “other temporary service or labor.” The employer must demonstrate that no U.S. workers capable of performing the service/labor are available. Under the H-2A program, there is a 50% rule, which requires employers to hire qualified U.S. farm workers who apply for the job until 50% of the contract period has been completed. Under the H-2B program, the employer must get a temporary labor certification demonstrating that (1) no USC/LPR workers are available for the position; and (2) the position is temporary in nature.

Visa Lottery

DIVERSITY VISA LOTTERY: 50,000 visas are available each year through the Diversity Visa Lottery also known as the Green Card Lottery. To be eligible for a diversity visa, an applicant must have either a high school diploma or its equivalent, or at least 2 years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least 2 years’ training or experience. The visa must be obtained within the fiscal year that the alien applied.

Helpful U.S. Immigration Links

Here you will find many helpful links to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Citizenship & Immigration Services.