Tue, Oct 22, 2019

Temporary Work Visas - H2

H-2 Visas are for temporary workers performing “agricultural labor or services of a temporary nature,” and temporary workers performing “other temporary service or labor.” The employer must demonstrate that no U.S. workers capable of performing the service/labor are available. Under the H-2A program, there is a 50% rule, which requires employers to hire qualified U.S. farm workers who apply for the job until 50% of the contract period has been completed. Under the H-2B program, the employer must get a temporary labor certification demonstrating that (1) no USC/LPR workers are available for the position; and (2) the position is temporary in nature.

Helpful U.S. Immigration Links

Here you will find many helpful links to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Citizenship & Immigration Services.