Sat, Jan 19, 2019

Did You Know?

User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active

You are entitled to a copy of your alien file that is in the government’s possession.  The Ninth Circuit has held in Dent v. Holder, 627 F.3d 365 (9th Cir. 2010), that if you are in proceedings, and you are contesting your removal, the government must give you the documents pertaining to your admission, that are in your A-file, as long as they are not classified. You can also request these documents through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), but these requests can take several months to process.  It is important for you, and your attorney, to be aware of what the government has in your file.

Helpful U.S. Immigration Links

Here you will find many helpful links to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Citizenship & Immigration Services.